Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fragile, Yet Strong - Two Faces of a Child Abuse Survivor

Fragile, Yet Strong.

Or should it be, Strong, yet Fragile.



Both apply to days, moments and seasons of my life.

Surviving child abuse made me incredibly strong. I can survive almost anything. Pain is endured. Insurmountable odds are diminished, giving me a perpetual "I can do" attitude.

I am able to bear up others, can handle crisis, can support teams, can dig in and do the hard, heavy, dirty work. I need little to sustain me. I know how to survive with minimal assistance.

Independence, resilience, long-suffering.

And still,

Surviving child abuse has made me incredibly fragile. Unknown insignificant little things can pierce to my core and shatter me. I am left defenseless, exposed, incompetent.

I am able to relate to hurting people, understand without words completely spoken. I feel and know and reason in randomness. I come along side, pray, and encourage because I have been broken.

Delicate, sensitive, unpredictable.

Two sides of the same coin - two faces of a child abuse survivor.

No answers, solutions, conclusions.
No complete healing, though every day I move forward toward being a little better, toward wholeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to have reader input, feedback, thoughts.