Skip to main content

Glassed In Life - Over-exposed

Incubator walls enclose my soul,
Plexiglas plates seal off life.
Windows to peer out.
Others peer in,
Passing, Running, Ignoring--
They never seem to notice.



Hands pounding invisible bars
Green grass growing outside
Lives among the trees.
Animals roam free.
The world turns on its pole.

I'm in my zone--
Shut out - closed in.
No one heard my sounds.
Breathing slowly
Dying day by day.
Shut out, closed in.
Living a Charade.

In the echo chamber,
I howl cell to cell.
Everyone is learning to play
Life's game so well.
Don't talk, drop it, seal tight the tomb.
Mausoleum dwelling is where I am schooled


And she doesn't make a sound.
Haven't heard from her lately.
Didn't see her in the silence.
She was too exposed.

Shiny Glass Reflection
Viewing Xray smudges
Everything is so visible
In the glare of sunlight.

Cut off, Keep Quiet.
Why Can't she learn shame?
Don't respond again.
Maybe she'll go away.

Ignore, stare at the floor.
Learning filtered words.
Ears work, hairs sway.
Nothings on the nerve.



Impulse - still life.
Crippled - Construed.
Take life from her.
What she had due.
She dared to be different.
Trying to share.
When will she learn.
That No one cares.

And she doesn't make a sound.
Blocked by all sides.
Locked by convention.
Better to live silent.
Just a pretty picture.
She lived over exposed.
Photo processed her gone.
Darkness formed in chemicals.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weak and Selfish - I am That Girl

The preacher says we are all the body of Christ...that each member is necessary, a part that functions in unison with all others, but God, in this life--in our time spent on earth--in present day local churches, this is not really true. It sounds good, repeated over and over, because the Bible says so and therefore we all should. But churches seek the best, the ones that fit their mold, the ones who meet their mission, the one that helps their goal. They keep track of numbers, saving all the souls, running them through baptism, collecting them in the fold. But those of us with broken parts, not shiny like the rest, we hear what no one else hears, we feel words with our soul, we sense when something isn't right, therefore we get left out in the cold. Who wants to work with such a pain, she is trouble where she goes, she stirs the pot and sifts for truth, she sees the thorns and not the rose. Why can't she just be silent, "if you don't like...

I Want To Be Normal

I want to help others but I can't help myself. I love and know God and trust Him too, but that doesn't stop my brain from being a jumbled mess.  Jumbled thoughts can be pretty! Scattered thoughts keep bombarding me.  I feel like a rattle-head.  I think I wrote once about this before, being a rattle-head . And it was the least-read post...Even I couldn't relate to it much after the episode passed. I have cried out to God for help this morning and for the past two days. I have gone to others for prayer and carefully, with exercising great inner control tried to explain to my family of three teens and my dear husband (I almost didn't want to say dear, oh, how hard it can be on a marriage--to twirl out of control and to not know why or how to make the top stop spinning). I don't know what pushed the top into its first spin.  And that is part of the problem I can't think clearly. I can't remember even simple things.  It is like the f...

I Am Coming Unglued - Survivor of Childhood Abuse and Trauma

I was experiencing a trauma trigger. Writing this poem centered me and calmed down my emotions. It is odd but it is what flowed. I do not apologize or analyze because it is real. Poetry coming from trauma is healing; don't look to critically; simple gaze upon like you would abstract art hanging upon a wall. _______________________________________________________ I sense I am coming unglued. Drip, drip, snip, snip Like a rag doll, stitches removed, Pecked away by a raven or crow. It's okay it doesn't know. Carelessly, unaware, It's a bird: it does not care. Hear the water hit the pan, Irritating is the sound, Slowly dripping to the ground. Tin, tapping, repeat, repeat. A dripping faucet, I have a leak. Sadness seeps out of my core. Superglue-- it holds no more. Glasses broken, my dress is tore. How many times did she survive the war? Battles her both day and night? Still she hangs on in the fight. Warrior, so others claim. ...