Skip to main content

Depression Kills

"Committed Suicide"
Is how the death’s explained.
Does suicide kill?
Or should another be named?

Where does it start?
When death is what you see.
Who is to be blamed?
Who hung the crooked frame?

Suicide results
But not the real cause.
Depression murders more
Yet, no one knows her lore.

It was this, it was that.
He did, she did, they said.
Where is the family?
An unseen mystery.

Looking for help,
They lived invisible.
There, but a shadow,
An empty French chateau.

Intoxicating drink,
The thought of being free,
Perverted justice,
Innocence takes the fall.

See her perishing,
Remember her no more.
Advancing in the ranks
She never voiced complaints.

Depression hides in smiles
Worn upon the face
Medicine for the soul
Too thin, it left no trace.

Depression kills.
A sickness of the soul
Continually, breaking down,
A castle with no sound.

The afflictions build
The wounds scarless to view
Distinctly took residence.
Yet, selfishness makes sense.

How cruel they speak of one,
Who died in agony,
Suffers understand,
Unworthy, to lend a hand.

Death--not self inflicted,
The murdered one, in shame,
Family and friends cower,
The victim is to blame.

Stop this madness, please.
Identify the crime.
Open your speechless mouth.
For those appointed to die.

Their estate is barren.
No fruit upon the vine.
No one pleads their case.
Clueless to the signs.





(photo credits: soisson pernant chateau walkway by magma storm66 on deviant art, urbex verdure by ashleygino on deviant art)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want To Be Normal

I want to help others but I can't help myself. I love and know God and trust Him too, but that doesn't stop my brain from being a jumbled mess.  Jumbled thoughts can be pretty! Scattered thoughts keep bombarding me.  I feel like a rattle-head.  I think I wrote once about this before, being a rattle-head . And it was the least-read post...Even I couldn't relate to it much after the episode passed. I have cried out to God for help this morning and for the past two days. I have gone to others for prayer and carefully, with exercising great inner control tried to explain to my family of three teens and my dear husband (I almost didn't want to say dear, oh, how hard it can be on a marriage--to twirl out of control and to not know why or how to make the top stop spinning). I don't know what pushed the top into its first spin.  And that is part of the problem I can't think clearly. I can't remember even simple things.  It is like the f

Weak and Selfish - I am That Girl

The preacher says we are all the body of Christ...that each member is necessary, a part that functions in unison with all others, but God, in this life--in our time spent on earth--in present day local churches, this is not really true. It sounds good, repeated over and over, because the Bible says so and therefore we all should. But churches seek the best, the ones that fit their mold, the ones who meet their mission, the one that helps their goal. They keep track of numbers, saving all the souls, running them through baptism, collecting them in the fold. But those of us with broken parts, not shiny like the rest, we hear what no one else hears, we feel words with our soul, we sense when something isn't right, therefore we get left out in the cold. Who wants to work with such a pain, she is trouble where she goes, she stirs the pot and sifts for truth, she sees the thorns and not the rose. Why can't she just be silent, "if you don't like

Another Lost Day! (Life after child abuse trauma)

Another one.... another lost day.... they add up so much... so many lost days. Running on the inside, hurting on the outside. Words, oh so many words.... healing, clinging, cutting through, knowing, telling me what to do. And do I do it, or must I wait? And who can do it, or must I stay? Running on the outside, hurting on the inside. No one will see.... how they hurt me... No one will know.... pass by so slow. And does it really matter? Can it make sense? Is it so important? Looking through a lens..... Running for a living, hurting cause I'm dying. no hope, no flight, no chance, no life..... crystal spinning..... little eye lids close.... Is there any hope? Will it really help? Who will reach her know? No one seems to know? And does it really matter? Does anybody care? A blimp in the universe, with who will she share..... Can you hear it, getting louder, bellow screaming, shouting sounder? I can't hear a word. I can't see a sound. How can it be? I d